Founded in 1998, Meritage is a Denver-based manager of private investment funds. The Meritage team is a unique blend of investment and operating talent. We contribute both capital and expertise to every investment we make, working as a partner with entrepreneurs to accelerate the growth of their businesses.
In total, we manage three investment funds representing over $600 million of committed capital. We are currently investing Meritage Fund III and are actively seeking new investment opportunities.
Our Investment Focus
Meritage is both a sector-focused and a stage-focused investor.
We invest exclusively in technology-based service businesses that leverage recurring revenue business models. Our portfolio companies perform mission-critical activities for their customers by enabling communication, delivering content or facilitating commerce. Our companies typically deliver their service offering over a network, creating real-time, on-demand relationships with their customers in the process.
We invest exclusively in Growth Equity opportunities, meaning businesses that generate positive EBITDA or that have a clear path to positive EBITDA based on a proven recurring revenue stream. Our flexible investment mandate allows up to pursue a wide variety of Growth Equity investments, including direct equity financings, recapitalizations, control acquisitions, consolidations, restructurings, spin-outs and management buy-outs.
About Our Name
Meritage is a combination of the words “merit” and “heritage.” We invest in entrepreneurs and companies of extraordinary merit. After years of working together, we are proud of our heritage, having built a leading private equity firm by investing in many successful network-enabled services businesses.
We believe that truly successful organizations abide by a shared value system. We at Meritage believe the following:
- We are in business to serve our customers. Our customers are our limited partners and portfolio companies.
- We treat the money entrusted to us as sacred.
- We are honest, fair and evenhanded.
- We treat people with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- We have a “can do” spirit.
- We enjoy working as a team, understanding that “nothing is impossible if you don’t care who gets the credit.”
- We honor our commitments by delivering what we promise. We believe in thoughtful analysis rather than emotional responses.
- We believe in families and healthy lifestyles.
- We take great satisfaction in building successful companies.